We offer to all Rush County residents the ability to borrow Live Traps or Pet Carriers at no charge.
- Must complete and sign an Animal Trap or Carrier Loan Agreement
- Must present a Driver License or State ID
- May borrow Live Traps up to 7 days at a time, any additional time would be subject to availability
- May borrow Pet Carriers for 24 hours, any additional time would be subject to availability
- The Live Traps and Pet Carriers are City Property and are expected to be returned in a timely manner and in the condition they were lent in
Rules for borrowing Live Traps:
- If wildlife is caught intended or not, the animal will either be humanely euthanized by a veterinarian or released on a property with the permission of the property owner, DO NOT bring the wildlife to the Rushville Animal Shelter as we can not legally relocate it outside the city limits nor are we trained to handle wildlife
- IF a domestic animal is caught intended or not, the animal will either be brought to the Rushville Animal Shelter during visiting hours, returned to it’s owner, released on a property with the permission of the property owner, or transported to a veterinarian clinic. The animal MUST be brought to us during visiting hours, leaving the animal unattended without staff approval or knowledge places the animal at unnecessary risk of injury, escaping, and/or death and you may face fines for doing so.
- Under the agreement of borrowing traps or carriers from us you will be expected to pick up and drop off the traps from the Rushville Animal Shelter during visiting hours. We do not offer the service of drop off or pick up of the borrowed Live Traps or carriers.